School Spirit Unites Lion Community

Students reflected on this year's community pep rally that occurred on HOCO week.

School Spirit Unites Lion Community

The Reedy Band warms up before the pep rally begins.

Robin Kyser

Robin Kyser

Robin Kyser

Katharine Walker, Editor-In-Chief

The third annual community pep rally, an event that marks the beginning of HOCO week and showcases Lion clubs and organizations, occurred on September 18. This pep rally was open to all community members to enjoy Reedy pride.

Robin Kyser
DECA promotes their organization pre-pep rally with a booth and a carnival game.

“It was fun,” junior Ashlynn McGarry said. “Almost all the clubs had games to play. Plus, you got to see different organizations perform. There was also food trucks!”

Before the actual pep rally begins, a variety of clubs and organizations had booths set up outside the fieldhouse to represent and show what their club is about.

“All the booths had carnival games for people to play,” junior Emily Nguyen said. “You had the opportunity to win a prize or candy if you win!”

During the actual pep rally on the football field, there was a variety of events taking place. The start of it was marked by all the different clubs being announced.

“This year, instead of the clubs walking the track, they were announced,” junior Jessica Chavez said. “This change was made to save time and for more convenience.”

The community pep rally offers a variety of students to demonstrate what extracurriculars are offered at Reedy.

“I’m the president of Best Buddies, so I had a booth set up to represent my club,” senior Victoria Tamney said. “During the actual pep rally, I was conducting the band.”

Robin Kyser
Community members had an opportunity to win a fish at the Swimming and Diving booth.

Some organizations like the dance teams and band performed on the field to further show Lion pride and spirit.

“I was playing with the band,” Nguyen said. “I play the clarinet, and we played a lot of pep tunes on the field.”

Even some sports organizations were represented before and during the pep rally with their victories being announced.

“I’ll be at the softball booth,” Chavez said. “I will also be with cheer during the pep rally.”

The pep rally was closed with the Homecoming nominees being announced. Each class voted on couples to win the Homecoming court titles.

“I believe Freshmen, Sophomore, and Junior class couples will be announced and Senior candidates too,” Chavez said. “The final Senior class couple will be announced at the football game.”

Robin Kyser
Reedy Cheer prepares for their performance, showcasing their talent.

Also occurring during the community pep rally is Meet the Teacher night. Anyone who decides to attend will have a variety of options to look forward to.

“There’s definitely a lot more people involved this year,” Tamney said. “Also, this pep rally was more student-led. Overall, I thought it was really fun!”