Hello, HOCO

Students discuss what's in store for Reedy's first Homecoming

Hello, HOCO

Reedy prepares for HOCO week.

Reedy prepares for HOCO week.

Anna Deardorff

Reedy prepares for HOCO week.

Anna Deardorff

Anna Deardorff

Reedy prepares for HOCO week.

Anna Deardorff, Sr. Reporter

With Reedy’s first graduating class off to college, the famous “Forthcoming” is no more. The school will have its first official Homecoming Dance on September 22 in the cafeteria from 8 to 11pm.

“I’m excited for it to be called Homecoming this year,” junior and Student Council member Emma Hawkins said. “I think students will be more into dressing up and going to the game because it’s our first actual Homecoming.”

Anna Deardorff
Signs posted in the halls detail to students each dress-up day.

The week will be filled with opportunities for students to show their spirit. Monday is Jersey day, Tuesday is twin day, Wednesday is meme day, Thursday is color wars day, and Friday students wear spirit wear. In addition, students can pay $5 for Homecoming themed car stickers that Student Council is coordinating.

“I’m looking forward to meme day,” Hawkins said. “I’m going to dress up as Trey and have a basketball game tomorrow.  I always dress up for all the days during spirit week and I attend almost every football game.”

During the Community Pep Rally on September 17, underclassman Homecoming court  will be announced, while the Senior class Homecoming King and Queen will be announced before the football game Friday night at Toyota stadium. Forthcoming Queen of 2018, Caroline Vaughn, offers advice for those to come.

“Just smile and wave,” Caroline said. “Enjoy every second, because that was one of the most special seasons of my life. I constantly wish I could go back, so live it up!”

Vaughn said that although she wasn’t expecting it becoming Queen made her high school experience “a thousand times better,” because in a way, her, “goal of being friends with everyone was achieved.”

The Student Council began working early this summer on perfecting Hoco, and continue to do so after school hours as well as during their class period to make the first Homecoming memorable.

“We’re making a lot more posters this year,” Hawkins said. “We have more money to invest on making the dance decorated and having better food.”

Whether it be cheering on the football team or attending the Homecoming dance, students are encouraged to participate during this eventful week that will be remembered for years to come.