Clubs Recruit New Members

Students reflect on this year's club fair

Clubs Recruit New Members

Students travel around the club booths set up in the rotunda.

Olivia Marbury

Olivia Marbury

Olivia Marbury

Olivia Marbury, Staff Reporter

The annual club fair where students are given the opportunity to connect with just the right group took place Sept 12 and 13 in the rotunda.

Olivia Marbury
Clubs such as Operation Smile display their organization at the club fair.

“People should join clubs in general, because they allow you to meet new people, become more included and involved in school, and, will help after high school,” Julieta Ortiz sophomore member of the Spanish National Honor Society said. “After joining SNHS I’ve made a lot of new friends and know the organization will help me get into college.”

With 32 different clubs at Reedy, purposes may vary but all groups have a common goal of bringing people together.

“I’m on the Frisbee Golf Team,” sophomore Sloane Snyder said. “It’s given me a different sport to play and has allowed me to meet new people I otherwise wouldn’t talk to or hang out with. It’s really fun to hang out with old friends and meet new ones.”

Clubs don’t only create a tight, unique community but they also serve it.

“I’m the sponsor of Key Club where we volunteer in the community,” English teacher and sponsor Miss Rudes said. “It’s a very student-led group. The students pick what they would like to do as their service project and I just make sure they’re able to do it.”

Olivia Marbury
Speech and Debate details information about their club.

Being a part of clubs does not only benefits students while in high school but also after.

“Personally, DECA has helped me with my presentations and has allowed me to stand out from the crowd,” Vice President of DECA Daniyal Ghayusaddin said. “It’s also inspired me to go into the business world after high school.”

Ghayusaddin adds that students can also “get hands-on management and volunteer hours in the school store.” People can join anytime too, similar to many other clubs.

“It’s easy to join clubs and you can be a part of a club anytime by just going to a meeting with a friend,” sophomore Sophie Williams said. “I’m in Joining Generations, UNICEF, and the Knitting Club. They’ve all helped my high school experience by simply getting me more involved here at Reedy. I’ve made new friends and met new people all for the good cause of helping others.”

If you want more information about a club, look out for a list of clubs and club sponsors in the A-hall by Open Den.