A Cultural Experience

Foreign language teachers discuss the upcoming Multicultural Night

A Cultural Experience

Newsnet

Newsnet

Newsnet

Reagan Witkowski, Staff Writer

The World Languages Department is hosting a Multicultural Night on January 28 from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m in the cafeteria to celebrate the many cultures in our community.

Multicultural Night is an event where the students body can set up a booth about a country and attendees can learn about said country.

“It is a great opportunity to learn about the diversity here at Reedy,” Spanish teacher Cristal Pina said. “The differences in cultures from around the world are amazing!”

The World Language department believes it’s very important to do an event where different people share their culture because of the major diversity in America and our school. .

“There are so many different cultures here and it is important for people to learn about them,” Pina said. “It is a strong part of people’s lives, it gives you a front row seat to learn about their views, values, hopes, and helps you build perspective.”

There is also a crucial necessity to understand that the diversity we have in this school and city is hard to find throughout the U.S.

“Our country, and more specifically this area, has a fairly unique representation of the world’s cultures,” French teacher Lauren Phillips said. “American culture is a mix of the many cultures represented here, and we at Reedy High School think it’s important to celebrate that diversity.”

Seeing what Multicultural Night has to offer is very important to the World Language department.

“There was an overwhelming number of students who volunteered to showcase their own culture, or a culture that they are interested in,” Phillips said. “ I think that any student who wants to be an involved member of this Pride should come and see what the Pride is actually comprised of.”