“Sing a Little Dream of Me”

“Sing a Little Dream of Me”

Katharine Walker, Online Editor

For the first time in school history, the Reedy Show Choir is selling Singing Valentines for $5. Any student can purchase a singing valentine for another student, and the show choir will deliver a Valentine-themed song to them during first period on February 12. 

“So, the Innovation Pop Choir (Show Choir) is the group that’s running it,” choir senior, Madison Howell, said. “For just $5, they will either deliver a live Valentine or a recording to your chosen person.”

Anyone who wants to order a singing valentine can pick up an order form from the cafeteria in the morning.

“On the order form, students can choose a song from a list,” Howell said. “The options are ‘Ain’t No Mountain High Enough’, ‘Can you Feel the Love Tonight’, ‘Stand By Me,’ and ‘For the Longest Time.’”

During first period on February 12, Innovation will go door to door to deliver the songs. They will “announce the name of the person and say who it’s by,” or “say it’s by an anonymous person if that person chooses to.”

It’s really exciting,” Howell said. “This has never been done before, so I can’t wait to see how it goes.”

Innovation has been practicing each song to perfect it for the performances. In the past, they have practiced in the rotunda to hear themselves better.

“This is a fundraiser for us,” Howell said. “People are paying for it, so it’s important for Innovation to deliver it well.”

If you have someone in mind, be sure to pick up an order form for a singing valentine and turn it in by February 7. 

“It’s light-hearted and fun,” Howell said. “It’s a good fundraiser. Plus, who doesn’t want to embarrass their friends or woo their mysterious Valentine.”

For a sneak peek of a performance, watch the video above.