All it takes is all you got.

The Reedy Swim Team participated in the Sprint Invitational competition against other FISD teams on September 28.

Head Coach Amy Wooten and her team won individual events as well as the relay. It is only their first season and many of the swimmers placed in the top 8. This has already created buzz and they are all excited for the season ahead.

“I was so happy for freshmen Emma Monson and Abbey Koczo,” freshmen Jacob Lobenstein said. “We showed everyone who we are! Practicing every morning before school had developed our skill and our goal is to set the bar high in the school district.”

The swim team broke one district relay record so far. Freshman Emma Monson broke one individual record and freshman Abbey Koczo won first in the 200-meter freestyle and 50-meter backstroke.

“We wanted to show the other swim teams we are setting the bar high,” Abbey said. “We always make sure that we are on the same page. I tryto always be the best leader I can be, as well as focus on technique and speed in water.”

The team has enjoyed getting to know each other. They have worked hard to build a team that is already successful. With the help of very supporting parents and a great coach, the team has high hopes.

“This season has been amazing, ” Coach Wooten said.  “ I love swimming and I love to work with people who love it as well.”