Up coming, Forthcoming!

Student Council hosts Reedy’s first-ever Forthcoming, November 2-6. The football team will be playing Fort Worth Benbrook, Thursday night on Reedy’s football field and the dance will be held on Saturday night in the gym from 8 to 11pm.

“I was very excited when we started planning Forthcoming,” freshmen student council member Agusta Walsh said. “There’s a lot of work going into it. We are still planning all the detail for the week.”

Reedy’s is calling what would be Homecoming Forthcoming because it doesn’t have a graduating class yet. Independence also participated in Forthcoming last year and it was a very successful.

“We only have sophomores so we won’t have a Homecoming for another 3 years,” student council sponsor Mr. Westhora said. “Forthcoming is a way to look forward to that opportunity for when we have a graduating class.”

Many organizations, including other Frisco schools, are helping student council make this event memorable.

“Liberty High School is donating Christmas lights and they’re going to help us out with decorating,” Mr. Westhora said. “We are also getting together with a few different clubs, the morning of the forthcoming dance. It’s all student-driven, I haven’t put any effort towards this at all except for my support. The students came up with the theme, the t-shirts, they are coming up with all the decorations ideas.”

On the days leading up to forthcoming, students can take part in Spirit week, and dress up correspondingly to each theme.

• USA Monday
  • Twin Tuesday
  • Holiday Hump Day Wednesday
  • Spirit & Mum Thursday
  • Friday Flashback

The dance will be held in the main gym with a theme of “A Night in Paris.”

“This week and dance will mark the beginning of a tradition,” student council member Ryan Blackburn said. “Students will always remember that they were the first to experience Forthcoming at Reedy!”