Forthcoming 2016

“Student council has been at work for months preparing for forthcoming,” Student Council member Izzy DeNovellis said. “We’ve been collaborating and creating ideas since last school year. I can definitely assure the students will have a memorable night.”

Until the first class of Reedy graduate, homecoming is called forthcoming. This year’s forthcoming dance will be held on Saturday night, October 15 at the school.

“The theme of the dance this year is Mardi Gras Gala,” Student Council member Khari Bailey said. “But you definitely don’t have to dress to the theme. I’d say just wear a nice dress or slacks and a tie. But definitely don’t show up in your everyday-casual clothes; no t-shirts!”

Tickets to the dance are $25 per person. They will be available through My Payments Plus until October 14 at noon

“Stuco has put a lot of planning into the dance for everyone,” Izzy said. “And the money from the tickets go to future proms, so if students want a prom they should definitely go to this dance!”

A big part of Texas homecoming we all know and love is the mums, and Reedy has it’s own tradition that students should take part in that emphasizes simplicity and kindness. The mums are $50 and students have until Monday, October 10 to purchase through My Payments Plus.

“The Reedy mum challenge is the idea of straying from the overindulgent, hundreds of dollars mums, and buying a simple chrysanthemum,” Key Club member Lauren Curtis said. ”The money goes to a charity called Frisco Family Fast Packs, which is an organization that gives food to kids who otherwise wouldn’t get to eat outside of school hours. Students should definitely buy one of our mums to simply benefit someone other than themselves.”

Also part of forthcoming week will be the Community Pep Rally. It will be October 12th from 6-7:30p.m. All of the school organizations will be there with carnival booths, games, and candy. There is going to be multiple food vendors, bounce houses and a petting zoo as well.

“It’s going to be a great family-filled night with everyone out there and having fun!” Mrs. Oglesby, organizer of the pep rally said. “This pep rally is really special because it’s the one big event that we can share with the community! And we get to see everyone’s families and all of our future lions get to come to our school.”

After all of the fun, everyone will head over to the football field. Here the Forthcoming Pep Rally will be held from 7:45-8:30.

“The pep rally is going to be very fun and memorable,” Mrs. Oglesby said. “We are first going to introduce everyone to all the school organizations, then the football team will run out, the forthcoming court will be announced, and finally we will see a performance from our band, drill team, cheerleaders and color guard.”

The fun starts on the first day of forthcoming week, as there will be themes each day to participate in! Tuesday is Twin Day, so grab a friend to match with. Wednesday will be the chance to shed light on our inner child for Disney Day. On Thursday dress as your pick of either nerd or jock, and on Friday the school will be drenched in blue and green for Foco spirit day! Mums and garters are both welcome and encouraged on Friday as well.

“Everyone should definitely come to the forthcoming dance,” Khari said. “I know last year wasn’t the best because it was our first year, but this year we have a really cool night planned for everyone. There’s a lot of really neat decorations and, of course, food! I really hope to see everyone there.”