In Da Club

Getting Involved with clubs at Reedy
Srinidhi Talamanchi
Girls 4 The Future members with their breast cancer awareness ribbons made at their October meeting. Left to right: Nikki Allaru, Madelyn Emmett, Lindsay Brill, Presley Sockwell, Sarah Banks, Zahra Hussain.

High school is known as a time for self exploration. Many students explore their interests and meet new people through joining clubs.

Reedy has a wide variety of clubs ranging from Stars Wars Club to Art Club. With so many options available, there is a club for everybody.

“I was unaware Reedy offered so many fun clubs,” freshman Kinley Sockwell said. “I was unsure if I would find any clubs that seemed interesting to me, but I was pleasantly surprised by all of the clubs Reedy offered.”

Each club serves a different purpose. There are service clubs that work to organize ways for students to serve the Frisco community. On the other hand, there are also social clubs who focus on fostering new relationships.

“I’m in Girls 4 The Future which is a club for girls to come together and not only support each other but do service together” Girls 4 The Future social officer Madelyn Emmett said. “We have a lot of service events planned for this year including a Women’s History Month spotlight and making and donating care packs to women’s shelters.”

Events like the club fair provide a great opportunity for students to learn more about the organizations available to them.

“Having the club fair gave club members a chance to see other clubs and become a part of different causes,” Kids Kare Club founder Aubrey Duddlesten said. “Club fair is so important because it gives students a chance to get involved in multiple clubs and meet new people.”

Reedy has an abundance of clubs and students have the opportunity to join as many clubs as they see fit.

“So far this year I’ve already joined Best Buddies and Girls 4 The Future,” Sockwell said. “The first few meetings have been so enjoyable and I look forward to seeing what the rest of the year holds.”

As students graduate, new officers are appointed to keep the club’s legacy alive. However, new clubs are also welcomed with open arms.

“Our club has only been around for about a year now and we already have about 150 members, so don’t be afraid to start a club because you think no one will join,” Emmett said. “This is a really formative time for people so it’s important to have clubs that allow people to connect and find their passions. If you’re willing to make an effort, there’s people for your club.”