Reedy Review

A highlight of the recent moments of this school year
Girls swim and dive team walking in to the school holding up their trophy. This is only the ninth time in history that a FISD team has won.
Girls swim and dive team walking in to the school holding up their trophy. This is only the ninth time in history that a FISD team has won. (Ava Cappotelli)

Girls Swim and Dive: 

This February, the Reedy Girls Swim and Dive team took home the 5A state title. The team was the ninth team in Frisco Independent School District (FISD) history to take home the title. Junior Isa Henderson was a team standout who came in second place in the 500 yard freestyle. Another standout was Reedy’s relay team, consisting of Henderson, Isabel Krasht, Lily Powell and Jade Alvarez who finished in fourth place. This team spent all year working up to this and their Reedy Lion family could not be prouder of our state champions

Orchestra:

This year the orchestra had the opportunity to go to Austin and perform at the Capitol.  “We are like a family and there are no boundaries about who you get to be friends with,” junior Sebastian Guerrero Loza said. “We all actively work together to get to know each other and our instruments better.” Reedy orchestra members are looking forward to learning their next UIL pieces and performing in the upcoming year.

DECA:  

The Distributive Education Clubs of America (DECA) at Reedy is known for having numerous national qualifiers. Reedy is one of the largest DECA organizations in the state. “It’s the environment that I love about DECA more than anything,” DECA member Srinidhi Talamanchi said. “You feel like you’re a part of a community, not a club. As much as DECA can help professionally, it’s an amazing way to connect with people.” On April 27, 2024 all national qualifiers will be in Anaheim, California to represent Reedy and fight for a title.

Theater:

This year Reedy’s theater program has put on numerous productions and fundraisers. They have brought the Jungle Book to the stage along with a winter production and a UIL show. “Everything we’ve done this year has been an unforgettable experience,” freshman Makenna Nasche said. “I really enjoyed being able to connect with the group and community.” Reedy’s theater program has been expanding and will be continuing to grow in the upcoming school year. Students are looking forward to seeing what Reedy Theater produces next.

Basketball:

Reedy’s Girls Basketball team recently finished off the season as district champions for the fourth time in school history. The team held an impressive record and finished 12-2 in district play. The boy’s basketball team also had a successful season and finished with an 8-7 record and came in fourth in district play.