Senior Year: Building Memories

Ava Cappotelli
Senior Ana Sofia Salazar organized the food during Senior Sunrise. [August 3rd, 2023]

Senior year is an important milestone for many students. It’s the bittersweet ending of a journey, but it is also a celebration of a new one. The 2024 class officers are making sure that this year’s seniors have plenty of ways to celebrate and build memories.

“We want seniors to appreciate every moment,” senior class officer Zaara Jacobs said. “It’s all something that you’re going to look back on when you’re older, so take advantage of the time that we have now.”

Senior year can be the time to celebrate old friendships and make new ones. It’s the time to celebrate the class of 2024 as a whole.

“We want to bring the class together,” senior class officer Navyia Baweja said. “We’re all going through this last year together.”

According to the student officers, the year will be filled with different events. Each month, seniors can find a different activity to do with their friends.

“We started the year with senior sunrise,” senior class officer Bailey Ollinger said. “We are gonna finish the year with baccalaureate and senior sunset.”

Student officers implement as many  events as possible, taking inspiration from previous years and adding more of their own. However, the budget serves as an absolute.

“We want to do as many events as possible and plan as many fun things as we can,” Jacobs said. “But it’s difficult with the budget that we’re given.”

The class officers have a support team helping them. The Reedy Booster club and senior moms are providing  support  to make the year as great as it can be.

“Senior moms are amazing,” Sigdel said. “They help out a lot and anytime they need something from me, I help them out.”

Unlike previous years, in order to attend the events, students must purchase their senior ticket which allows them to access all events for the rest of the year. The ticket can be purchased on Online School Fees.

“You have to buy the ticket in order to get into all of the events,” Ollinger said. “It’s an all or nothing deal.”

The class of 2024 has planned ways to celebrate their last year of high school and make great memories. Seniors are encouraged to buy your tickets and enjoy this last year.

“I love you class of 2024,” Sigdel said. “I’m hoping that our senior year ends off so amazingly that we’re going to want to come back together again for reunion.”