Reedy Girls Soccer’s Goals for the Season

Sophomore+Audrey+Rush+receiving+the+soccer+ball+in+their+scrimmage+against+Lakeland+High+School.+This+is+Rushs+second+year+starting+on+varsity.+
Meghan Chau
Sophomore Audrey Rush receiving the soccer ball in their scrimmage against Lakeland High School. This is Rush’s second year starting on varsity.

As the soccer season begins, the Reedy girls soccer team strives to make it back into the playoffs.

Last season the girls soccer team made it to round five of playoffs with an unfortunate loss in penalty kicks. This season the team is putting in the work to be better than ever before.

“I expect us to be very competitive this season,” head coach Michael Khoury said. “We plan to play hard and play well. We’re well prepared and suited to have a good season.”

For many players, the bond between players and the supportive team atmosphere are the most important parts of the team.

“The girls on the team are so funny. We’ve all gotten pretty close” varsity player Zaara Jacobs said. “It’s like a family. I get super excited to go to practice and have the opportunity to play with them.”

Team chemistry is one of the most important factors of having a cohesive team. The upperclassmen on this team are making an effort to strengthen the team bond and get to know new players.

“I think we have a lot of really strong seniors who are very inclusive, and I think that we’re helping bring up all the freshmen making them comfortable,” varsity defender Hannah Davidson said. “I think we’ll be able to work together really well as a team this season.”

Frisco soccer teams have been very competitive in the recent seasons and Reedy’s team is on a mission to be one of the top-ranked teams this season.

“These Frisco schools are brutal,” Khoury said. “We play them twice in district play every year, and I expect them to be good again. It’s gonna be a challenge, but we’re looking forward to it.”

The plethora of different talents brought by each athlete are what allow the team to be so successful.

“I think we have a lot of strong players this season who have a lot of different skill sets,” Davidson said. “We work to bring them all together, so we can be very strong.”

The girls soccer program is working to leave a mark behind and to pass on their passion to the next generation of athletes.

“Even if you’re shy, or you think that you’re not good enough, just try out because you never know,” Jacobs said. “If you put in the effort, there’s definitely a high chance that you’ll make the team.”